Now in its fourth year, the 2015 bizplay conference will again take place in Karlsruhe, Germany, on Tuesday, 29 September 2015 and Wednesday, 30 September 2015, at Perfekt Futur, the City of Karlsruhe's incubation center on the Alter Schlachthof area, and former site of RMIT's GEElab Europe.
Themed "Activating People – Spaces – Business“, this year’s bizplay will see a fantastic program of international speakers & workshop leaders:
Internationally acclaimed architect & artist Jürgen Mayer H
(d) is our keynote speaker in 2015. Jürgen leads the architectural practice J. MAYER H. in Berlin, see www.jmayerh
. His work has been published and exhibited worldwide and is part of international collections, including the MOMAs in New York City and in San Francisco. In 2003, Jürgen received the Mies-van-der-Rohe Award for emerging architects; he has been teaching e.g. at Columbia University and Harvard, and continues to be one of the most engagement-oriented spatial designers in the world, practicing at the intersection of the human body, new technologies and natural forms. Amongst his most known contributions are the Metropol Parasol in Sevilla; the Court Of Justice in Hasselt; the Karlsruhe 300 Jubilee Pavilion; and the Border Checkpoint in Sarpi, Georgia. Jürgen latest monograph ‚Could Should Would’ has just been published, see www.jmayerh.de/155-0-Monograph-2015.html
Alongside Jürgen, we are looking forward to hearing from speakers from industry and academia, reporting about the potentials and the pitfalls of applying games e.g. to create more website traffic; to motivate people to be more physically active; to advertise using an entire city as a playground; and to make driving in a car more fun. bizplay 2015 speakers include:
- Sebastian Deterding, Northwestern University (USA);
- Charlotte Chui-Franz, Novartis Pharma (DE);
- Christoph Brosius, Die Hobrechts (DE);
- Alexander Kamenetsky, quest-room entertainment (DE);
- Robin Bornschein, gbanga (CH);
- Ansgar Gerlicher, Hochschule der Medien Stuttgart (DE);
- Steffen P Walz, RMIT, GEElab (AU).
The first day of bizplay 2015 will be moderated by game journalist Andreas Garbe of ZDF Television (DE), and closes with a networking dinner.
Day two features four parallel, day-long workshops, headed by:
- Jussi Holopainen of RMIT University’s GEElab Europe, on „Designing For Playful Urban Interactions.“
- Christoph Brosius on „Applied Game Design For Your Own Challenges.“
- Steffen P Walz on „Inventing New Convergent Products & Business Models With The Social Card Game Future Deck."
Please find more information on schedule, speakers and how to register and purchase tickets at bizplay.org.